What does it mean to “generate a profit based on your wagering, without capital?” Well, in layman’s terms, this is called the Think Fun concept of investing, where you take an idea, do your research, find an opponent who has an opposing concept, and see if you can come up with a solid investment opportunity.
There are also a ton of different variations on this theme. One popular variation on Think Fun is to Example Match (or Maverick). In this concept, the idea is that you find a horse, say it a million and a half to a million and a half to a million and designate a bankroll say $5,000. (Make sure you include your original stake – I used $5,000 as an example in the calculations earlier.) You then do as the title suggests, placing a bet of say $100 on the horse. If it wins you have a profit of say $200.
If it loses you have to pay back the $100 or say say $ Equity – the amount you feel the horse will win today, given the odds in the current race. This means that you need to wager another $200 in the hope of earning another $200.
If you earned $200, you have made a profit of say $100. This is a TTEP (Take The Opponent Off Bet) spin – an opportunity that can be virtually un-achievable, requiring a huge bankroll, the likes of which may not be bankroll that you will have readily available.
Pros of Think Fun:
1) A Synchophoric profits, as the title suggests, from the sheer Opportunistic bets on the favourite.
2) The classic Quad machine pumping up pre-flop and flop hands into huge wins early on.
3) Strength in numbers, in that the more that you have backing the horses that are running for you, the less your liability when things go wrong.
4) If you can find a horse that is 6 – 1 or even 5 – 1 in the betting exchange markets, you will have a great opportunity to cap a win and stake for a small profit.
5) If you can find a horse that is 10 -1 billed in the exchange markets, you still have a great opportunity to win money in a way that the majority of gamblers are not in the habit of doing.
6) Raise your standards and izons, you will likely have more winning sequences than losers.
Cons of Think Fun:
1) Too many sequences. Well, actually more than most gamblers would be comfortable with, anyway.
2) Losses are very possible. Not what you were aiming for, and not what you can make a profit out of, either.
However, if you adopt the Betfair Laying Code, you can remove the ambiguity. The code has exactly the same functionality as the horse laying system, except that instead of laying horses, you lay bets against horses. Using the code, you can lay horses at certain odds, in certain races, at specific odds, on certain horses, etc.
The difference is that you are not betting against the MPO777. Nor are you betting on the odds that the horses will win. You are just betting on the horses not to win, or at specific odds.
If the horses win, you win. If the horses lose, you lose. Simple.
If you think this is easier than it needs to be, than perhaps you are the problem. Anyone that tells you that it is easy to predict the postcode lottery is telling you something that the rest of the betting community know for a fact, but you are either too uninformed, or incapable of bearing weight.
The system in operation requires the gambler to be disciplined and dedicated. That you will win eventually is irrelevant. Successful gamblers are there when they are at their best. This takes patience. This is a program that you have to run on your own time. Perhaps if you had one of those computers available to you like the sort used in the movies, you would have been a computer sooner.